Pages

Wednesday, 22 February 2017

MY LIF£ AS AN UPCOMING ACTOR BY IGWE epi 13


.
.
Two of them approached me. They’re average in height but one is fair and the other
one is black in complexion. The black one asked me who am i looking for.
I couldn’t utter any word to them. I pretended as if am deaf and dumb.
”are you deaf, don’t you hear what he said?” the fair one asked. I couldn’t even say anything to them, i mopping at them.

” e be like say, we go chop dis maga, dis one wey im dey look at us like mumu.” the black one said.
” but how we go do am naw?” asked the the fair one.
” guy cool down, we go know weda na juu guy abi na
dumb wey im be.” the fair one said.
I started demonstrating like deaf and dumb. They stood aside and was watching me. I did that for some minutes before they abandoned me and went away.
I moved down a bit and laughed. ” una no well at all. Make una go fine work wey una go dey do. Ndi ori! Ndi ori!
I called African priest again and it went through.
He picked up and asked me where i am. I told him that,
i’m in the second market. He asked me what was the colour of my cloth.
” black trouser and red shirt and with red cap” i said.
He told me to turn around that,
there was a two storey building at my back,
he told me to come up. I looked at the building and i saw their banner ” UCHMEL ARTS ACADEMY ”, I climbed up as he directed me. When i went there,
i didn’t see anybody so i called him and he
told me that i should enter the first room.
I started having double mind. ” is like this people are not for real. Who knows if they’re many inside the room.”
i quietly came down from the building and stood aside.
He called me and asked me where i am.
I told him to come out. Some minutes later,
he came down. I told him that am the one looking for him. We had a hand shake and i went up with him. He offered me a sit and i sat down.
AFRICAN PRIEST: once again, you’re welcome. So what’s your name?
ME: am igwe.
AFRICAN PRIEST: wow! Is that your real name?
ME: is my surname. Am Igwe Chukwujekwu but people call me by my surname.
AFRICAN PRIEST: ohk. You’re welcome my dear.
As i told you earlier that we have an academy where we train upcoming actors/actress. You’ll undergo three months training before we can feature you in any movie that we’re going to shot.
Our academy is ” UCHMEL ARTS ACADEMY ” You might have seen our banner out there.
ME: yes, i saw it.
AFRICAN PRIEST: we do advert on facebook and also at Unizik fm station every saturday
at 4:00 to 4:30pm.
ME: ok. So have you shot any movie,
i mean the academy?
AFRICAN PRIEST: { he brought out a movie poster titled; ” NAIRA REPUBLIC” I looked down at the poster
and his name was written there as the director. The top stars he featured was Chinwetalu Agu, kingsley ogbonna {dauda} and also Camilla Mberekpe. } this is our first movie,
i and the marketers are still bargaining about the prize so very soon,
it’ll hit the market. By the special grace of God,
we’ll be entering into another job before the end of next month.
ME: alright, that’s good. So how will i be a member ?
ARICAN PRIEST:our fee is affordable. Just #1000 for registration.
#1500 per month, so for the three months that you’ll undergo training,
it’ll be #4500.
ME: wow! There’s no problem. So what about the days for training?
AFRICAN PRIEST: it holds every Saturday by 4:30pm and also
on Sunday by 3:00pm. When you’re coming,
come with book and pen.
ME: so when’ll i pay for registration fee?
AFRICAN PRIEST: you can pay now or when you come for lecture next week.
The ball is in your court to decide.
ME: alright.
{I broughtout my wallet and gave him #1000 for registration and he gave me a form that I’ll fill and
submit next week when I’ll be coming for lecture.
After everything,i asked him the venue of the lecture and he told me that,
it’s in that same arena.
I left his office and went home with the form.
When i got home, i shown my senior brother the form and also told him what we discussed. ”’ com u get mind ooo, so after everytin wey those boys do u and Stanley,
u insist and go back to that place again” said Samuel my brother}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dont just read our stories and go away please do drop a comment below thank you